Ends on 3/1/2016
Each Honors Transfer Council of California college may sponsor up to 10 moderators, so completing this application does not guarantee placement. We will be accepting moderator applications until March 1, 2016, and will notify you of our decision by Friday, March 4th.
The registration fee for moderators is $10. If you have a paid ASB card for Spring 2016, we will pay your registration fee. Conference presenters may not be moderators.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ends on 12/9/2015
The Honors Transfer Council of California conference offers a venue for community college students from across the state to present their original work. It is open to all students at Saddleback College.Presentation options include
Students may submit once in each category; however, all presentations must be on different topics.
individual oral presentations or performances, group oral presentations or performances, and poster presentations.
Acceptance is a two-stage process:
- December 16: You will be notified whether Saddleback College will be forwarded to the HTCC.
- Late January: You will be notified by HTCC whether your proposal has been accepted for the conference. (Transferring students: This will give you time to add this acceptance to your application for transfer.)
If you're not sure how to start, go to the Student Research section of the Honors Program webpages.To continue, you'll need the following:
- Your name and contact information
- Your mentor's name and contact information
- An interesting and informative title
- A 25-word description of your work (for the conference program)
- An abstract of up to 250 words
- The work's four most important non-obvious references
(e.g., if your research is on the Canterbury Tales, don't list that)
When you're ready to submit your work, click on the button below. If this is your first time on this site, you'll need to open a (free) account so we can connect your work with you. (If you already have an account because of an earlier conference, you may use that same one.)
To be reimbursed for conference registration, you must purchase a $10 ASB card for Spring 2016 and be enrolled in at least 5 units. You do not need to be an Honors Program student in good standing, but you do need to be in good standing as a Saddleback College student.
Submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, December 9th.