Ends on 3/1/2016
Each Honors Transfer Council of California college may sponsor up to 10 moderators, so completing this application does not guarantee placement. We will be accepting moderator applications until March 1, 2016, and will notify you of our decision by Friday, March 4th.
The registration fee for moderators is $10. If you have a paid ASB card for Spring 2016, we will pay your registration fee. Conference presenters may not be moderators.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ends in 3 days
Special notes on how the application to this conference differs from the HTCC conference:
(1) You will be submitting TWICE: First at this site, for financial approval, and second at the BHC site, for their acceptance. Those of you familiar with HTCC know that only one submission was required. For BHC, you need two, but the information we ask here is the same as what BHC will ask, in the same order, so it really isn't double the work.
(2) There is not a separate poster session, but research currently in poster form can be modified for oral presentation, with the poster as a prop or the material put into another format (e.g., PowerPoint, Prezi).
(3) For group presentations, only one registration is required. One presenter should be identified as the "lead" presenter and be responsible for the group.
(4) This application requires a methodology statement. For information on what that is, and for examples of good ones, see the link at https://www.saddleback.edu/honors/bhc-honors-research-symposium.
You will be asked for the following information based on the BHC submission site.
[An asterisk * on the BHC site indicates a required field; some questions are for BHC's demographic studies and are optional].
- * Your Name
- * Your email (Saddleback College or IVC address ONLY)
- * Primary phone number (preferably a cell you would take with you)
- (optional) Secondary phone number
- (optional) Age
- (optional) Ethnicity
- (optional) Gender
- (optional) Whether you will be the first in your immediate family to obtain a college degree
- * Community College Name
- * Honors Director/Coordinator Name (from list provided in form)
- * Honors Director/Coordinator Email (from list provided in form)
- * Mentor name (faculty member guiding your research)
- * Mentor email (Saddleback College or IVC address ONLY)
- (if appropriate) Name and email of additional faculty mentors, if any
- *Title of Presentation
- *Presentation format (Individual, Group, or Performance)
- (if appropriate) Names and contact information for other presenters, if any
- *One-sentence description of research presentation (about 25 words)
- *Proposal abstract (strictly 100 to 150 words)
- *Research resources: up to five
- *Methodology & Special Resources (strictly 40 to 50 words)
- *Acceptance of BHC attendance conditions
- *Acceptance of Saddleback College attendance and financial assistance conditions